1. The greatest gift Life has ever given me: My son! My Monkey Monk Punk! My baby had his 5th birthday party yesterday! Muah! Muah! Muah!
2. Whomever on the Academy Awards production team came up with the brilliant idea to have five previous best actress/actor Oscar winners introduce the five nominees in the same categories. Sophia Loren paying homage to Meryl Streep… Robert DeNiro admiring Sean Penn, “a great actor who proves that it’s more important to be a great human being.” It made for some of most authentic and intimate exchanges. It was a great expression of friendship–and more awards ceremonies should make way for that.
3. The TED talk on creative genius from Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love.
4. Two deep thought-springs from my posts on Apologies and Strong Souls. Respectively: To Bless Apology, by Larry Hogan at Yesterday, Today and Forever Spirituality of Disability, by Jay Schryer at Porsidan
5. The Eminence Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque–which I now do twice a week. You can feel the pumpkin enzymes munching away the old skin and plumping up the freshness. Cosmetologically speaking, this stuff thrills me.
6. The friends who push me. The friends who cradle me.
7. The teeny tiny purple crocus that popped up in the front yard this weekend, all by her lonesome. Courageous lil’ mama.