1. Salma Hayek breastfeeding an African baby:
“When my daughter grows up, I’m going to make sure she continues to be a generous, caring person.” This is a boundary-breaking gesture. Love it.
2. That I stumbled across this visual journal of Sharon Frost’s and was so inspired by her talent and devotion. Tho’ it made my visual creative output feel so… meager. Even if I start doodling one abstract thingy a day… that’d feed me.
3. That a friend said to me this week, “I’ll support you no matter what you do.”
4. My lawyer, my astrologer, and retired guys who love to give advice.
5. My new gig writing some motivational content for a really cool IT company who just said, “do what you do.”
6. Being a humanist over an artist, an artist over an entrepreneur, and a soul over any of those labels.
7. This quote from David Steindl-Rast: “Love is saying yes to belonging.” Yes.
Riff on what you love. It’ll do us all good.