Welcome to the inaugural issue of SACRED WEEKENDS! I intend to give you divine and delicious utility with each issue (you’ll get this 2 Fridays a month).
Like… reco’s my friends and I text about. Conversations with my Higher Self. Think: chilling with your nervous system, cool music, Netflix that isn’t all about numbing out, and communing with the Infinite.
We keep it well rounded ‘round here.
WELCOME! I LOVE YOU!
I DO A PODCAST VERSION OF SACRED WEEKENDS!
You can listen here:
Friday is ruled by Venus and the Divine Feminine principle. Love is EXTRA on Fridays. It’s a day for raising consciousness and dissolving polarities with Loving Kindness. Creativity abounds. The best forms of intimacy are energized.
RELATIONSHIP CUE: My Mr. Man and I do Friday check-ins.
HOW IT STARTED: I designed a “couples’ check-in methodology”. I thought to myself, “I am sooo going to turn this into a rad practice to launch for my people!” It had checkboxes and lifestyle categories and questions.
And it sucked. Almost every Friday check-in turned into a fight.
My “control connection” approach backfired with my spontaneity-loving, organization-averse guy. We both checked our egos and pivoted.
HOW IT’S GOING:
YOGA FOR ANYBODY:
For countless Saturdays over five years, I’ve been doing QiGong Yoga with Wesley. 8:15am PST. After poignant yogic wisdom, he’ll say something like, Namaslay beautiful people! And I giggle my way into a deeper posture. Always online. All levels. Gentle flow with bitta spice. Follow the prompts to sign up(it’s a bit tricky but worth it!) Tell him Danielle sent you.
Dr. Strange with Cumberbatch and Swinton
I knowwww, a Marvel movie, (insert eye roll?) But Dr. Strange is about healing—using your mind to bend matter. Tilda plays “The Ancient One”, bending morality with her shaved head, in silk kimonos. (Dreamy.) Bonus: it’s not excessively violent. (BTW, the next WEEKEND issue will feature one of my favorite Tilda movies. Get ready for a Tilda-thon this season.)
A Heart Centered Altar is more than a collection of wishes and trinkets. It’s a powerful physical creation to raise our healing vibration—on behalf of our own lives and the whole planet. So this requires some intention. And some metaphysical how-to.
HEART CENTERED ALTAR DO’s:
- Ideal location is your living room, dining area, enclosed patio, sunroom, or office/work/creative space.
- Best days to set up your altar: New Moon, an Equinox, or a Solstice. Harness the early day prana energy and set it up before noon.
HEART CENTERED ALTAR DON’Ts:
- Avoid setting up in your bedroom, bathroom, laundry room or storage basement. (If you’re living in a small space… any place is a good place!)
- Avoid setting up altars during Mercury retrograde or after sundown.
THE HEART CENTERED ALTAR KIT outlines positioning, seasons, maintenance and elements to include in your altar. The intention of your altar: create a dedicated space for increasing sacred energies.
GET WITH THE PLANETS:
- We just celebrated the 1 Year Anniversary of How To Be Loving on October 11! You can get the audio book here!
- Friday, the 13th (decidedly unscary)! Pre-patriarchy, this day was celebrated as The Day of the Goddess and a time to honor the cycle of life, death, and rebirth. What can you do today to revel in and revere the Divine Feminine?
- Saturday, October 14 is a New Moon AND a Solar Eclipse. Energies and issues may snap-crackle-and pop to the surface. So we breathe into the heart so we can respond, rather than (over) react. Check out our releasing ritual.
P.S. Next SACRED WEEKEND issue arrives: Friday, October, 27, 2023!
- Next Heart Centered Class is on Thursday, November, 2, 2023. What’s your stress type (and how we can heal it) Drop in HERE.
- WITH LOVE, DANIELLE #82: 8 Signs That You’re HEALING
- Did a friend forward this to you? Hugs! Please become a regular: SUBSCRIBE HERE.
- Please forward to a friend. We all need more sacred weekends.
CONNECT WITH US! Questions for Danielle? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social: If you dig this issue, please let us know or hashtag it up on socials with #sacredweekend or #daniellelaporte
Sponsor: If you’re brand-aligned and want to run an ad, please email email@example.com
THE LINK UP
(In case you don’t feel like scrolling back)
🌿 MyNaturopaths – Vancouver based, but see patients virtually
🧬 Amino Acids from BodyHealth
💃 Salsa Lessons in Vancouver
💆 Ayurveda treatments in Vancouver
🦷 Frankincense Fresh Sensitive Toothpaste from Living Libations
🎶 The Omnichord Real Book from Meshell Ndegeocello, My fave track
🎬 Dr. Strange Movie
🔥 The Write + Burn Releasing Ritual for Full + Dark Moons
💖 Heart Centered Live Class: What’s your stress type (and how can we heal it)
🎙️ WITH LOVE, DANIELLE Podcast: 8 Signs You’re Healing
🎧 How to Be Loving Audiobook
🙏 GET YOUR HEART CENTERED ALTAR KIT