“A beautiful thing, though simple in its immediate presence, always gives us a sense of depth below depth, almost an innocent wild vertigo as one falls through its levels.”
– Frederick Turner
Writing and jamming all day, I need to to wrest my eyes from words and the screen. Even if I’m writing fluidly or fire starting with a fellow entrepreneur, I crave little bits of beauty like I crave milk chocolate at about 3:00pm everyday. Visual beauty quenches and cools the part of my brain that is usually on warp drive. A luscious image makes my cells go “ahhhh.” We forget to breaks for beauty. She’s rarely on our to-do list. But she makes all the difference in the day.
6 ON-LINE GORGEOUSNESS SNACKS. EAT SOME DAILY.
1. These flower mandalas by psychotherapist and photographer David J. Bookbinder make my heart still. Absolutely mesmerizing: flower mandala photos Bookbinder’s blog on Beliefnet.
2. Coolhunter is so damn cool that I can hardly stand it.
3. My favourite new artist is Cheryl Sorg. I’m wild about text art, and butterflies, and neutral palettes. The preciousness and intensity of her work is staggering. I have two pieces of hers en route to me and I can’t wait to hang them above our mantle. She’s also allowing me to play with a fantastic line drawing of some flames for the cover of my book-in-progress.
3. This photograph of Lance Armstrong makes me really, really like men even more than I already really really do.
4. Impeccable Beyonce, choreography by supreme Goddess attitude: Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Video. When you’re this frickin’ hot you don’t need any props.
5. One of my favourite Canadian abstract painters: Patricia Larsen.