Dearest Fire Starter,
At the end of last year, I gathered Team D to envision the flourishing future of The Desire Map offerings. The point of this jam session was: a) to stir our collective, creative genius; b) build our connection/synergy—and have some fun. From there, we’d map out an actual strategy for the next 18 – 24 months.
I sent out some creative questions to get us uncorked. It worked! We generated some beautiful new ideas, a lot of vision clarity, and we knew each other even better.
We made you a printable visioning worksheet of those questions. Your answers can be loose and pie in the sky—let your imagination run. Or, put on your CEO hat and THINK HARD.
What would Oprah do? 8 (FUN!) STRATEGIC PLANNING QUESTIONS
1. What do you love the most about your current project/product or concept?
2. What are some of your favourite memories/highlights/”stories” you have around your business and this project/offering in particular?
3. If Oprah came along and wanted to take your project to next level, what would she do?
4. What would be the worst fate for your project? (Interpret this however you want.)
5. Let’s say you had just ONE year to make $10 million off of your project––in order to SAVE LIVES. (In other words… you are extremely motivated, for meaningful reasons.)
6. If you stopped offering your product/service/project to the world, what would the world miss out on? What/who would fill the void? What would you do as a business to make money?
7. If you have affiliates/licensees/contractors—any other folks using your product/service/project as a business vehicle for themselves… What would your goals be if you were in their shoes? What would you want from the Mother Ship in order to be awesome as an affiliate/licensee/contractor?
8. Envision a beautiful place on the planet or a sacred room. The Deva, the “angel” of your business/career enters into the room. What does she say or show you?
Dream. Act. Serve.