Why do we get sick? Like really?
My man and I decided to spend a month in Nicaragua to keep my lungs in prime conditions. Paradise on the cheap plus in-person time with my Team D wing woman Dana, who’s built a beautiful life there with her family. Perfection!
Within 48 hours of arriving… I got sicker than I’ve been in years. Have I not been meditating enough? Ingesting enough frankincense? Is this my way of burning karma? Am I a New Age loser?
I could say it was the air freshener and bacteria and smoke and dust and burning rubber fumes and all the allergens that triggered my already sensitive respiratory system.
Or I could say:
It was my deep grief that I’ve been processing much of this lifetime, carried over from lifetimes, about the illusion we are separate, that I am alone in my sanity and longing for us all to get back to Love.
It’s not allergies baby,
It’s a cosmic home sickness
Eps 97 of WITH LOVE, DANIELLE, is personal and universal:
- The “outer” reasons for sickness vs the innerward reason. Hint: the outer circumstance trigger the inner imbalance.
- The healing pivot that makes all the difference—from berating ourselves to compassion.
- The practice I use to saturate pain points with healing frequencies.
- How karma is the opportunity for us to realize our true capacities as healers.
The cure is in the sickness—which is always a call to Compassion.
And hey… catharsis ain’t a bad way to start the new year.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Get my (free) SACRED WEEKENDS email 2 Fridays/month SIGN UP HERE. 222k readers are diggin’ it!
- The Heart Centered Membership: 2 live classes/month + conscious community. Access to our ever expanding library of meditations, daily rituals, guided audios, playlists. Every spiritual practice in my metaphysical toolbelt. Please come in and take refuge.
- Tree Casa Resort in San Jaun del Sur, Nicaragua is a beautiful sanctuary. Kindest people. Ask for a room “at the top”… quiet, private, lovely.